Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by William Pierce <ev...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/07 22:44:31 UTC

Exception encountered during replication on slave....Any clues?

Folks:

I am seeing this exception in my logs that is causing my replication to fail.    I start with  a clean slate (empty data directory).  I index the data on the postingsmaster using the dataimport handler and it succeeds.  When the replication slave attempts to replicate it encounters this error.

Dec 7, 2009 9:20:00 PM org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller fetchLatestIndex
SEVERE: Master at: http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication is not available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Invalid version or the data in not in 'javabin' format

Any clues as to what I should look for to debug this further?

Replication is enabled as follows:

The postingsmaster solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
      <!--Replicate on 'optimize' it can also be  'commit' -->
      <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
      <!--If configuration files need to be replicated give the names here . comma separated -->
      <str name="confFiles"></str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

The postings slave solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="slave">
        <!--fully qualified url for the replication handler of master -->
        <str name="masterUrl">http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication</str>
        <!--Interval in which the slave should poll master .Format is HH:mm:ss . If this is absent slave does not poll automatically.
         But a snappull can be triggered from the admin or the http API -->
        <str name="pollInterval">00:05:00</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Thanks,

- Bill

Re: Exception encountered during replication on slave....Any clues?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
try the url
http://localhost:8080/postingsmaster/replication?command=indexversion
using ur browser

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
are you able to hit the

Posted by TCK <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The localhost URLs have no port numbers.

Is there a more complete error in the logs?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:15 AM, JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> We are facing the same issue as yourself.. just thought of checking if you
> had already resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Barani
>

> William Pierce-3 wrote:
>>
>> Folks:
>>
>> I am seeing this exception in my logs that is causing my replication to
>> fail.    I start with  a clean slate (empty data directory).  I index the
>> data on the postingsmaster using the dataimport handler and it succeeds.
>> When the replication slave attempts to replicate it encounters this error.
>>
>> Dec 7, 2009 9:20:00 PM org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller fetchLatestIndex
>> SEVERE: Master at: http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication is not
>> available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Invalid version or the data in
>> not in 'javabin' format
>>
>> Any clues as to what I should look for to debug this further?
>>
>> Replication is enabled as follows:
>>
>> The postingsmaster solrconfig.xml looks as follows:
>>
>> <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
>>     <lst name="master">
>>       <!--Replicate on 'optimize' it can also be  'commit' -->
>>       <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
>>       <!--If configuration files need to be replicated give the names here
>> . comma separated -->
>>       <str name="confFiles"></str>
>>     </lst>
>>   </requestHandler>
>>
>> The postings slave solrconfig.xml looks as follows:
>>
>> <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
>>     <lst name="slave">
>>         <!--fully qualified url for the replication handler of master -->
>>         <str
>> name="masterUrl">http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication</str>
>>         <!--Interval in which the slave should poll master .Format is
>> HH:mm:ss . If this is absent slave does not poll automatically.
>>          But a snappull can be triggered from the admin or the http API
>> -->
>>         <str name="pollInterval">00:05:00</str>
>>      </lst>
>>   </requestHandler>
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Bill

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Exception encountered during replication on slave....Any clues?

Posted by JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,