Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> on 2016/11/16 10:24:20 UTC

JGitFlow

Hello,

I’ve just integrated the JGitFlow plugin to make it easier to manage feature branches. I’ve added some instructions to the BUILDING file, here’s a copy :

JGitFlow
--------

We now can use the [JGitFlow Maven plugin](http://jgitflow.bitbucket.org) to make it easier to work with feature,
hotfix and other types of branches.

For example, to start a feature branch, simply use

    mvn jgitflow:feature-start

This will prompt you for the feature name, and then create a feature branch and update
all the POMs to have a version that contains the feature name. This makes it then a lot
easier to integrate with continuous integration systems to generate builds for the
feature branch.

Once the feature is completed you can use

    mvn jgitflow:feature-finish

To merge the branch into master.

You can also find the related ticket here : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-65 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-65>

I did this a bit quickly because I need this to cleanup the ES2.x branch and transform it into a proper feature branch, so that we can generate builds for this branch.

My next steps are :
- create a new feature branch using this plugin called feature-UNOMI-28-ES2X
- merge the existing UNOMI-28-ES-2-X-UPGRADE branch into this new feature branch
- delete the old branch

This way we will have both a properly managed feature branch and updated POM.XML files that will contains the feature name.

Let me know if you have any problems or any questions about this. Hope this is ok with everyone ?

cheers,
  Serge…