Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu> on 2007/03/27 18:26:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with LDAP and Basic Authentication

Hi,

I'm having problems with LDAP authentication.  What worked in Apache
v2.0.53 does not work in Apache v2.2.4 and I assume that the difference
is actually between mod_auth_ldap.c and mod_authnz_ldap.c.  Below is an
example of an LDAP configuration that works with the older server
(w/mod_auth_ldap.c ):

<Location /soan>
        AuthLDAPUrl ldap://biblio.linfield.edu:389/o=linfield.edu?uid
        AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=Postfix,ou=Special Users,o=linfield.edu"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword secret
        AuthName "Sociology and Anthropology"
        AuthType Basic
        DAV On
        ForceType text/plain
        <Limit GET PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE
LOCK UNLOCK>
                Require group cn=webdav.soan, ou=webdav, o=linfield.edu
        </Limit>
        AllowOverride None
</Location>

What changes are necessary to use this with Apache 2.2.4 and
mod_authnz_ldap.c?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with LDAP and Basic Authentication

Posted by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu>.
Ah, the missing piece: "AuthBasicProvider ldap"  Thanks.

-- Rob

Posted by Ricardo Stella <st...@rider.edu>.