Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Thakur, Praveen Kumar" <Pr...@bmc.com> on 2013/09/24 14:54:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Downloads for Apache 2.4.6 w/ OpenSSL 1.0.1e !!

Hi,

We want to ship Apache 2.4.6 w/ OpenSSL 1.0.1e binaries with our product for Windows platform. I could see in URL http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/windows.html that Apache recommends following URLs to download these binary packages. Are these locations safe to download the Apache 2.4.6 w/ OpenSSL 1.0.1e?

http://www.apachehaus.com/cgi-bin/download.plx
http://www.apachelounge.com/download/

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: [users@httpd] RE: Downloads for Apache 2.4.6 w/ OpenSSL 1.0.1e !!

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Those sites are safe, indeed. There a no official binaries for windows
at the moment, until someone volunteers to step up to the plate and
upload some.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Thakur, Praveen Kumar <
PraveenKumar_Thakur@bmc.com> wrote:

> Anyone?

If your product provides Apache HTTP Server and selected support libraries
then you should build it yourself as part of a repeatable, automated
process (like any other software you ship) so that you are ready to provide
patches for security or other bugs which are critical for your product.
 You can ensure that the level of OpenSSL or any other component meets your
requirements.

****

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...