Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 14:59:13 UTC

Re: Doubts related to the binding.ws

Hi Ramkumar,

The article shows that we need to create an adapter to the class that does
not have a no-arg default constructor, ie, create a class that extends *
XmlAdapter<>* and implement the inherited methods. Moreover, we need to
annotate the class that was adapted with *@XmlJavaTypeAdapter* annotation.

However, the problem is that although the *Exception* an *Throwable* classes
have no-arg default constructors, the *StackTraceElement* doesn't. So, I
would need to create an adpater to *StackTracElement* and annotate it with *
@XmlJavaTypeAdpater*, what is not possible.

Is it right, or I am missing something?

Regards

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Douglas,
>
> Well yeah the fix is now available for this issue, In Tuscany we are now
> trying to support non-JAXB type using JAXB 2.0's XmlJavaTypeAdapter as
> mentioned in this article below.
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2005/09/using_jaxb_20s.html
>
> Also you can take a look at the JUnit test available in binding-ws-axis2
> module....
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/modules/binding-ws-axis2/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/binding/ws/axis2/itests/mtom/FileTransferService.java
>
> Please let me know, if you need more clarifications.
>

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Ramkumar,
>>
>> Did you find out something that can be done to workaround this issue?
>> Could be used other framework to marshall / unmarshall the data types? Would
>> it solve the problem?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Douglas,
>>>
>>> As Scott mentioned, we depend on the JAXB runtime to marshal/demarshal
>>> the data types. I have also noticed this one while using the
>>> org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement as the data type with binding.ws as shown
>>> below.
>>>
>>> SEVERE: org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.TransformationException:
>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.TransformationException:
>>> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 6 counts of
>>> IllegalAnnotationExceptions
>>> org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement is an interface, and JAXB can't handle

Posted by Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramkumar,

After taking a look at the *
binding-ws-axis2/srct/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/binding/ws/axis2/itests/mtom
*, I could solve the problem of using a class that extends *Exception* as a
parameter in a method of a remotable interface.

However, I am getting some problems when I try to use interfaces as
parameters. For example, if I have something like this:

*@Remotable
public interface RemotableInterface {

    public void setInterface(Interface interface);

    public Interface getInterface();

**    public void
setAnException(@XmlJavaTypeAdapter(MyExceptionAdapter.class) MyException
ex);
}*

And, if I invoke *setInterface* or *getInterface*, I got an error like this:

"Interface is an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces."
"Interface does not have a no-arg default constructor."

Should I create an adapter class for the interfaces and annotate the methods
with @XmlJavaTypeAdapter? Why it is not necessary at FileTransferService [1]
interface? As we can see, the *uploadSourceFile()* method, has a interface (
*javax.xml.Source)* as parameter, and does not need a @XmlJavaTypeAdpater.

Regards,

[1]

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.