Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Christian Roth <ro...@visualclick.de> on 2004/10/18 16:46:57 UTC

Debugging inclusion of custom project sitemap.xmap

Hi,

I'm suspecting my project's custom sitemap.xmap to not be included in
Cocoon's sitemap processing (I do not get results from views defined in
it, and DTD pre-processing with my XSLTs as described in "adding a new
content type" does not work at all).

Can anyone familiar with the forrest code and call structure please point
me to the file/location in the code where (1) the check for a custom
sitemap.xmap is located and (2) where it actually gets prepended/
included/mounted (nomenclature???) within the embedded Cocoon processing?
I'm looking for the filepath/line number combination.

I'm hoping to put some code there to actually be sure that my
sitemap.xmap gets included and it is actually a problem with my setup.

I'm using Forrest 0.6 (release).

Regards, Christian.

Re: Debugging inclusion of custom project sitemap.xmap

Posted by Christian Roth <ro...@visualclick.de>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I'm hoping to put some code there to actually be sure that my
>> sitemap.xmap gets included and it is actually a problem with my setup.
>
>I use a very quick and easy "cheat" if I have concerns like this, I
>temporarily make the XML in my project sitemap invalid and refresh a
>page. If it is being loaded Cocoon will choke and tell you about the
>error in the questionable file.

Thanks Ross, this trick helped in finding the problem. It turned out that
in my forrest.properties file, I only had set the project.sitemap-dir
property, but not the project.sitemap property (assuming that
'sitemap.xmap' was automatically appended). Adding the explicit path of
my sitemap.xmap using project.sitemap, it is now mounted.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>> Did you see my mail?
>

> Not sure who is being asked, but I didn't and I don't see one in the
> archives in this thread - do we have a problem with mails going missing?
>
> Ross

I think that it must me, I have just switch to thunderbird, and this is
the result, mistakes.. :-)
sorry

Re: Debugging inclusion of custom project sitemap.xmap

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Did you see my mail?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.