Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barnet Wagman <b....@comcast.net> on 2004/06/03 18:19:01 UTC

Disable session serialization?

Is it possible to disable session serialization?  If so how is it done,
and is it bad idea? Is this documented  anywhere?

Thanks,

bw

PS the archives has several posting asking this question but no answer.

Re: Disable session serialization?

Posted by Barnet Wagman <b....@comcast.net>.
Thanks.  An example of  the <Manager .../> element was not included in
the sample server.xml in Tomcat 5.0.19

FYI (and for the archives) in Tomcat 5 (which I think has slightly
different parameters than Tomcat 4), the following seems to work
(although it's hard to test):

        <Manager classname="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
                 distributable="false"
                 pathname="/dev/null" />

I put it in the <Host ...> element (the Tomcat documentation was a bit
opaque on this) and that seems to work.

bw

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Posted by Barnet Wagman <b....@comcast.net>.