Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2022/08/23 16:51:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Enable 'squash and merge' in Ambari's github repo

In other projects that I work on, we enforce "squash and merge" when
merging a github PR.

It makes commit history much cleaner, because a PR gets mapped to a single
git commit.

Thoughts on this? I am making this recommendation because in the current
Ambari git repo we end up with several commits.

All it takes is an INFRA jira. I can help raise that jira if folks agree.

[image: Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 9.41.55 AM.png]

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable 'squash and merge' in Ambari's github repo

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.
+1.

Battula, Brahma Reddy <bb...@visa.com.invalid> 于2022年8月24日周三 01:44写道:

Posted by "Battula, Brahma Reddy" <bb...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Created

Thanks

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
PR is merged for squash and merge. thanks for wei-chiu.
and  after this commit, all comments are going to dev@ambari.apache.org. We
need to add other emails for notifications.

>>we can enable autolink redirection from Github commit to Jira for AmbaI.
It's good to have.

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.