Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Udo Kirin <u....@zeiss3d.de> on 2005/03/16 13:11:13 UTC

db problems after updating subversion

hello,
i have updated my subversion 1.1.x to  1.1.3 (r12730).
my old installation was out of source subversion and bdb.
bdb is 4.2.52
when i do e.g
svnlook tree test_cmmmcc/
i get en error message like
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
test_cmmmcc/db:
Das Argument ist ungültig
svn: bdb: incorrect arguments for name-value pair: set_flags

i think this is caused while my new subversion version dose not know where
my dbd is or some missing links.

is there an way to bring my new subversion to work with this existing bdb?

any help is welcome

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Udo Kirin

Anwendungstechnik / 3D-S

Re: db problems after updating subversion

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Udo Kirin wrote:
> hello,
> i have updated my subversion 1.1.x to  1.1.3 (r12730).
> my old installation was out of source subversion and bdb.
> bdb is 4.2.52
> when i do e.g
> svnlook tree test_cmmmcc/
> i get en error message like
> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> test_cmmmcc/db:
> Das Argument ist ungültig
> svn: bdb: incorrect arguments for name-value pair: set_flags
>
> i think this is caused while my new subversion version dose not know where
> my dbd is or some missing links.
>
> is there an way to bring my new subversion to work with this existing bdb?

Looks like your new BDB is actually NOT 4.2.52, but something earlier.

If you really need to migrate between BDB versions, you should use svnadmin
dump and load.

Max.

Antwort: Re: db problems after updating subversion

Posted by Udo Kirin <u....@zeiss3d.de>.
> > svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> > test_cmmmcc/db:
> > Das Argument ist ungültig
> > svn: bdb: incorrect arguments for name-value pair: set_flags
>
> Easy. Edit
> $REPOS/db/DB_CONFIG
>
> Look for lines with "set_flags" and comment them all out.
> Then take one by one in and check if the client works.
>
> You will lose some features/speed/... because:
>
> It seems the "new" subversion was built against an older bdb than when
you
> created the $REPOS and doesn't support some options.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronny

>> Look for lines with "set_flags" and comment them all out.
>> Then take one by one in and check if the client works.
i have no expierience with database.
what flag is to set?
when i look in my dB_Config i find something like
# [requires Berkeley DB 4.2]
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
i know that this autoremove is for clearing log files.
should i set an linkt to my bdb libs or what??

Re: db problems after updating subversion

Posted by "Ronny T. Lampert" <te...@uni.de>.