Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by pranjay singh <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/04 23:05:39 UTC

Running Apache-DS 2 in Embedded Mode

Hi,

I was trying to configure apache DS in embedded mode but have hard luck to
do it properly.Able to create the new custom partition for my project,

The problem i am facing is to enforce the password policies .The problem i
can see is the "ou-config" is not getting created from embedded mode.Tried
doing it from apache ds 2 studio it is working fine.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards
Pranjay Singh

Re: Running Apache-DS 2 in Embedded Mode

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:05 AM, pranjay singh <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I was trying to configure apache DS in embedded mode but have hard luck to
> do it properly.Able to create the new custom partition for my project,
>
> The problem i am facing is to enforce the password policies .The problem i
> can see is the "ou-config" is not getting created from embedded mode.Tried
> doing it from apache ds 2 studio it is working fine.

ou=config is not available in embedded mode

You can configure password policy before initializing the DirectoryService
by doing:

1. create a PasswordPolicyConfiguration

2. add that to an instance of PpolicyConfigContainer

3. get the AuthenticationInterceptor from DirectoryService instance you have
    and set the container created in step 2 as
    interceptor.setPwdPolicies( ppolicyContainer )

 4. initialize the DirectoryService

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com