Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/04/06 19:48:40 UTC

ValidationParser fails to parse Jakarta XML configuration files.

Hi,

while working on the TomEE TCK, I realized BVal was not supporting XML
configuration because of the way we handle XML Namespaces.

We do have a Filter to override the namespace if it does not match what we
expect, but there was a bug in the logic, so the namespace was only
overridden for the root element, but our package-info.java is different
from jakarta namespace.

Long story short, I created an issue and I'm about to push the fix for it.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BVAL-216

I went ahead and slightly updated the TCK module locally to see if we can
also pass the Jakarta Validation 3.0 TCK.

Aside from 2 failures for the test class
GenericAndCrossParameterConstraintTest. We do pass them all. It's been
added in 3.0, so it might be something we haven't implemented yet.

I can address it later or in the next big bang version unless someone can
have a look.
Created BVal-217 to track it.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: ValidationParser fails to parse Jakarta XML configuration files.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
If not crazy can be great to avoid to need to rereleasz just for that else
ok for me.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.