Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/05 10:21:00 UTC

Lang 3.0 issues remaining

Very close to 3.0. The major items remaining are:

* LANG-396   	 Investigate for vararg usages

Lots left on this one - we've not really vararg'd the API yet.

* LANG-456   	 HashCodeBuilder throws StackOverflowError

First step would be to make a unit test that is very simple and clear,
then figure out fix.

* LANG-510   	 Convert StringUtils API to take CharSequence

Needs more thought.

* LANG-544   	 ToStringStyle.registry ThreadLocal

Needs more investigating.

Re: Lang 3.0 issues remaining

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
One thing we might want to consider for 3.0 (and it would only be
appropriate in this release or 4.0), is to review exceptions thrown
for illegal null inputs. I bet most throw IAE; should we consider
throwing NPE for them? We did such work with the Validate class. It
would be nice to have a modern consistency in differentiating between
null input and illegal non-null input.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very close to 3.0. The major items remaining are:
>

> * LANG-396       Investigate for vararg usages
>
> Lots left on this one - we've not really vararg'd the API yet.
>
> * LANG-456       HashCodeBuilder throws StackOverflowError
>
> First step would be to make a unit test that is very simple and clear,
> then figure out fix.
>

> * LANG-510       Convert StringUtils API to take CharSequence
>
> Needs more thought.
>
> * LANG-544       ToStringStyle.registry ThreadLocal
>
> Needs more investigating.

Re: Lang 3.0 issues remaining

Posted by ri...@rswheeldon.com.
Henri Yandell writes:
 > Very close to 3.0. The major items remaining are:
 >
 > * LANG-396   	 Investigate for vararg usages
 >
 > Lots left on this one - we've not really vararg'd the API yet.

If you're happy with the changes I proposed early in 2008, I'll
implement them in the next week or two.

Also, how about merging in some of commons primitives, seeing as
that project seems dead now?

Richard