Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mitchell, Steven" <St...@umb.com> on 2009/05/26 15:22:36 UTC

Struts 2 dispatcher does not see namespace and action in URL

I have a Struts 2 application that runs fine under Tomcat 5.5 that will
not run on a fully patched version of WebSphere 6.1.  The application
index.jsp page redirects to a mapped namespace and action, yet the
Struts 2 dispatcher does not see the namespace or action.  It issues the
message "There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name ."
Note that the namespace and action name are missing.

I have also tried manually typing a full URL containing a namespace and
action, yet I get the same error message missing the namespace and
action name.  This has never happened on Tomcat 5.5 where the
application functions normally.

Has anybody run into this issue deploying an application on WebSphere?
It happens with Struts 2.1.2, 2.1.3 snapshot, and 2.1.6.  I'm out of
ideas.

[5/21/09 16:52:06:743 CDT] 0000002c XmlConfigurat I
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger info Parsing
configuration file [struts.xml]
[5/21/09 16:52:07:101 CDT] 0000002c StrutsSpringO I
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger info
Initializing Struts-Spring integration...
[5/21/09 16:52:07:113 CDT] 0000002c SpringObjectF I
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger info Setting
autowire strategy to name
[5/21/09 16:52:07:111 CDT] 0000002c StrutsSpringO I
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger info ...
initialized Struts-Spring integration successfully
[5/21/09 16:52:08:817 CDT] 0000002c Dispatcher    W
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn Could
not find action or result
                                 There is no Action mapped for namespace
/ and action name . - [unknown location]
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.ja
va:177)
        at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.prepare(StrutsActionProxy.java
:61)
        at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(Strut
sActionProxyFactory.java:39)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(Defa
ultActionProxyFactory.java:47)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:4
57)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher
.java:395)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInst
anceWrapper.java:190)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterCh
ain.java:130)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterC
hain.java:87)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilter
Manager.java:832)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppF
ilterManager.java:742)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppF
ilterManager.java:695)
        at
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAp
pFilterManager.java:101)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.invokeFilter
s(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:818)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleReques
t(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:557)
        at
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequ
est(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:113)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3440)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:267)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:815
)
        at
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1
461)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:1
18)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscriminatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLi
nk.java:267)
        at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscr
iminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214)
        at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(Ne
wConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113)
        at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(Ai
oReadCompletionListener.java:165)
        at
com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.
java:217)
        at
com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFu
ture.java:161)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
        at
com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:195)
        at
com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java
:743)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:873)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)

[5/21/09 16:52:08:894 CDT] 0000002c ServletWrappe I   SRVE0242I:
[SCRUBBEDApplication] [/cdp] [/404.jsp]: Initialization successful.

Steven C. Mitchell
Byteworks, Inc. <http://www.ByteworksInc.com>

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.  The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.

Re: Struts 2 dispatcher does not see namespace and action in URL

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dave Newton wrote:
Steven.Mitchell@umb.com wrote:
>  > I have a Struts 2 application that runs fine under Tomcat 5.5
>  > that will not run on a fully patched version of WebSphere 6.1.
>
> I seem to remember we had to set a WS setting to get things working
> right; I've got an email in to my ex-co-worker and will follow up when I
> hear back. It was something minor; doing a web search might turn up the
> answer.

Our issues were fixed with RAD fixpack 7.0.0.4. I'm attaching the PDF
(which you should get but the mailing list won't. Maybe.)

I'm not sure which S2 version they're using at this point.

Dave

Re: Struts 2 dispatcher does not see namespace and action in URL

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> did ibm provide any solution to these problems with their AppServer?
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/032609-ibm-layoffs.html

Huh?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
did ibm provide any solution to these problems with their AppServer?
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/032609-ibm-layoffs.html

in the meanwhile just to get a working AppSever can you port over to Glassfish?
easy to port..very simple to administer and a very knowledgeable and helpful staff!
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/

terry.. do you have any solutions for problems with IBM software?
Martin Gainty

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

Re: Struts 2 dispatcher does not see namespace and action in URL

Posted by Terry Gardner <Te...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by "Mitchell, Steven" <St...@umb.com>.
I found a post about setting
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility = true, but it made
no difference.  The namespace and action name are still getting dropped
before reaching Struts.

Since it works find on Tomcat 5.5, I suspect
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper,
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain, or
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager simply because they
are the previous three classes in the stack trace.

I'll keep Googling.  Any other ideas?