Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com> on 2012/09/26 02:15:44 UTC

Re: Can't change replication factor in Cassandra 1.1.2

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Douglas Muth <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even though keyspace "test1" had a replication_factor of 1 to start
> with, each of the above UPDATE KEYSPACE commands caused a new UUID to
> be generated for the schema, which I assume is normal and expected.

I believe the actual issue you have is "stuck schema for this
keyspace," not anything to do with replication factor. To test this,
try adding a ColumnFamily and see if it works. I bet it won't.

There are anecdotal reports in the 1.0.8-1.1.5 timeframe of this
happening. One of the causes is the one aaron pasted, but I do not
believe that is the only cause of this edge case. As far as I know,
however, there is no JIRA ticket open for "stuck schema for keyspace"
... perhaps you might want to look for and/or open one?

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com