Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sunit Randhawa <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 19:47:22 UTC

CLI command for adding composite Key

Hello,

Wondering how would one add Composite Keys rows using CLI. Supposing we
have CF defined below:

create column family ListTransactions
with comparator =
'CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.IntegerType)'

and keys_cached=10000
and rows_cached=1000;

I am hoping to use the first column using a slice query on only the first
String component of composite column key. Since Cassandra orders composite
keys by components in each composite, we can construct a search range from
{"a", 1} to {"a", 59} which will include {"a", 1} and {"a", 59} but not

Thanks,

Sunit.

Re: CLI command for adding composite Key

Posted by Jérémy SEVELLEC <js...@gmail.com>.
may be it's what you are looking for :

http://planetcassandra.org/posts?page=15

?