Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gf80 <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2013/12/18 15:15:41 UTC

solrcloud no server hosting shard

Hi guys,

before starting note that I am new with solr and in particular with
solrcloud.
I have to index many many documents (>10mln), last week I have complete my
import handler and configuration so I have started import activity on solr
using solrcloud with 10 shard (and without replicas :S ) on VM with 30giga
of RAM and good performance (I don't know if 10 are too much).
Today I see that during specific update (delete of wrong document) of a
specific document following exception was thrown:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers hosting shard:
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:148)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:118)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

After restarting solrcloud the exception is thrown during update of another
document. Nevertheless, search queries work fine but slow.

I thank you so much in advance if you can help me with this exception or if
you have any suggestion for my configuration. Is it a must to have some
replicas of shards? can I add now a replica after some million of document
indexed? To configure solrcloud I have essentially used default
configuration and I have read general solrcloud wiki, are there any
suggestions to use solr with this size of document in a more comfortable
way?

Thanks again,
Giuseppe

p.s. sorry for my english :)

Re: solrcloud no server hosting shard

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guiseppe;

First of all you should give us the full error log to understand the reason
behind the error. On the other hand it is not a must to have extra replicas
for your shards but you really should consider to have replicas. When you
start up a new Solr instance it will be assigned to one of your shards that
is directed by Zookeeper ensemble as a round robin process.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

18 Aralık 2013 Çarşamba tarihinde gf80 <gi...@hotmail.com> adlı
kullanıcı şöyle yazdı:
> Hi guys,
>
> before starting note that I am new with solr and in particular with
> solrcloud.
> I have to index many many documents (>10mln), last week I have complete my
> import handler and configuration so I have started import activity on solr
> using solrcloud with 10 shard (and without replicas :S ) on VM with 30giga
> of RAM and good performance (I don't know if 10 are too much).
> Today I see that during specific update (delete of wrong document) of a
> specific document following exception was thrown:
>
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers hosting shard:
>         at

org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:148)
>         at

org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:118)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
Source)