Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/28 20:44:58 UTC

ready to roll

I think things are looking good enough now that a new user won't run
screaming, so unless there are objections, I'll post an announcement
to the Lucene list tomorrow.

If anyone sees some last minute touch-ups that can be done quickly,
let's get them done before the nightly build (7pm EST, 4pm PST)

-Yonik

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
I wish, and still think Tomcat is the right choice now the Solr is an
ASF product, but I don't have time -- this is my first week at a new
job ;(  Sorry...

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
Senior Architect

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On 2/28/06, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how to configure a different default start page in Jetty,
> but if they are following the tutorial, they should be fine.

Looks like the simplest way is to just create a ROOT webapp.
Any other opinions on whether we should?

> I'm of two minds... a pretty start page might be nice, *but* we also
> want to avoid confusion about what is needed to use Solr... just
> solr.war and the config in conf.  Adding more pages might obscure
> that.

-Yonik

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On 2/28/06, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> i just think if we're going to
> start driving eyeballs to the example, the example shouldn't have any
> broken links in it -- and ideally it should have a pretty start page with
> a link to the admin page.

I removed the javadoc context.

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: We can switch to Tomcat at any time for the example - nothing is locked down.
: I'd like to come to some sort of concensus on Tomcat vs Jetty, but I
: don't think it's worth delaying anything over.

I don't have a strong opinion either way -- i just think if we're going to
start driving eyeballs to the example, the example shouldn't have any
broken links in it -- and ideally it should have a pretty start page with
a link to the admin page.

: On 2/28/06, Ian Holsman <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
: > hmm.
: > I thought we were going to do the demo on tomcat?
: >
: > Yoav??
:

-Hoss

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Development will continue... this isn't a release, it's just a point
where things are good enough to get other people involved.

Re: ready to roll

Posted by Ian Holsman <kr...@gmail.com>.
hmm.

Re: ready to roll