Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/03/26 12:18:50 UTC

[ANN] ApacheCon NA 2013 Tomcat presentation videos available

All,

Most (all?) of the presentations from ApacheCon NA 2013 are now
available on YouTube. To help you to navigate to the Tomcat
presentations we have created this page:
http://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html

As well as the videos, links to the slides for a number of other
presentations are also listed.

We'll add the ApacheCon 2014 links as soon as they are available.

If there are other Tomcat videos, audio recordings, slide-decks etc. you
think might be useful to add to that page, do speak up.

Mark

Re: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2013 Tomcat presentation videos available

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/03/2014 14:08, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> Yes, it is a solvable problem as long as you drop the self-imposed
>> requirement to run on top of the Servlet API. Now the difficulties are
>> understood, I'm beginning to think about dropping that requirement and
>> using some of the Tomcat internals directly. The blocking/non-blocking
>> gets a whole lot easier very quickly if you do that.
>>
> Ok. I don't think it would make much difference in the container code
> since the upgrade mode is light already and all it needs is to pass down a
> "block" flag, but your websocket impl would be able to shed its simulated
> blocking.

I agree completely. I'm becoming less convinced that benefit of running
on any container is worth the price of the complexity that the simulated
blocking introduced.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> Yes, it is a solvable problem as long as you drop the self-imposed
> requirement to run on top of the Servlet API. Now the difficulties are
> understood, I'm beginning to think about dropping that requirement and
> using some of the Tomcat internals directly. The blocking/non-blocking
> gets a whole lot easier very quickly if you do that.
>
> Ok. I don't think it would make much difference in the container code
since the upgrade mode is light already and all it needs is to pass down a
"block" flag, but your websocket impl would be able to shed its simulated
blocking.

Rémy

Re: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2013 Tomcat presentation videos available

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.