Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at> on 2006/03/24 08:47:04 UTC

rulesdujour, lint, and whitelist_spf

Anybody else got this problem? Lots of warnings suddenly.
mfg zmi

----------  Forwarded message from root:  ----------

Subject: RulesDuJour/power2u: 'spamassassin --lint' failed.  Please fix
your SpamAssassin configuration.
Date: Freitag, 24. März 2006 05:08

***NOTICE***: spamassassin --lint failed.  This means that you have an
 error somwhere in your SpamAssassin configuration.  To determine what
 the problem is, please run 'spamassassin --lint' from a shell and
 notice the error messages it prints.  For more (debug) information,
 add the -D switch to the command.  Usually the problem will be found
 in local.cf, user_prefs, or some custom rulelset found in
 /etc/mail/spamassassin.  Here are the errors that 'spamassassin
 --lint' reported:

[31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    calmt@calmt.pmail.biz [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 allstate@allstate.rsc01.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 Documents@compliance.advancedclearing.com [31721] warn: config: failed
 to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@capitalone.bfi0.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@discovernetwork.bfi0.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@Equifax-mail.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@fidelity2.m0.net [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@e.fidelity.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    fidelityinvestments@fulfillmentconcepts.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    fnbo@ProcessRequest.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 1800USBanks@usbank-email.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    DoNotReply@cems.wamu.com [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 eNews@wamu.m0.net [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@wellsfargo.m0.net [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 info@govdelivery.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@insurance.ca.gov [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@newsletter.myabout.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    scomp@aol.net [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 auto-confirm@amazon.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    order-update@amazon.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 faxwave_service@callwave.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    mycheckfree@customercenter.net
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    inbound@coupons.com [31721] warn: config: failed
 to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    savedsearches@ebay.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    support@godaddy.com [31721] warn: config: failed
 to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 message@inbound.efax.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    message@inbound.efax.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 newsletter@codeproject.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    googlealerts-noreply@google.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    accounts-noreply@google.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 adwords-noreply@google.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    raogk@raogk.org [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@topsecretrecipes.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    weekly@astrocenter.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 billing@vonage.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    sirius@sirius.01o.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@jeld-wen.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    los_angeles_times@email.latimes.com [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 nytdirect@nytimes.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    eupdate@wsvn.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@e.alsto.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@e.ambrosiawine.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@yahoo.americangreetings.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    customer_service@AnniesAttic.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    store17@bevmo.com [31721] warn: config: failed
 to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@crateandbarrel.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@dell.m0.net [31721] warn: config: failed to
 parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 US_DFS_BSD_AUTODOC@dell.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    dsb@dell.delivery.net [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 US_ACS_Team_1@dell.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@disney-direct.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@drugstore.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@email.800-flowers.net [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@hallmark.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@hplearningcenter.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@e.homefocuscatalog.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@thehomemarketplace.emsg.net [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@e.improvementscatalog.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 lillianvernon@lillianvernon.i.delivery.net [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@mileskimball.emsg.net [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    Music123@email.music123.com [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@nokia.bfi0.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@officedepot.rsc01.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 Itinerary@production.priceline.com [31721] warn: config: failed to
 parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 educationts@message.scholastic.com [31721] warn: config: failed to
 parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@e.staples-deals.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@e.staples-deals.ca [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@staples.links-info.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@target.bfi0.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 auto-acknowledge@target.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    support@reply.ticketmaster.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    support@reply.ticketmaster.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@walmart.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    reminder@mail.walgreens.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 WalgreensCustomerService@mail.walgreens.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 customerservice@mail.walgreens.com [31721] warn: config: failed to
 parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    walterdrake@s2u2.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@wdrake.emsg.net [31721] warn: config: failed
 to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 Williams-Sonoma@service.williams-sonoma.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@about.com
 [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    *@apcc.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse
 line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf    info@cds.nl [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@digitalriver.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    reply-*@nl.internet.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 Wayport*@postsnet.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@taxact.com [31721] warn: config:
 failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 VMware@vmware.rsc02.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    AAA*@ProcessRequest.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@alaskaair.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    Notifications@AlaskaAir.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@2flyawa.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
 whitelist_from_spf    newsletter@bestwesternnews.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@choicehotels.com [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    *@coair.rsc01.com [31721] warn:
 config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 *@marriott.m0.net [31721] warn: config: failed to parse line,
 skipping: whitelist_from_spf    ebreaks@marriott.delivery.net [31721]
 warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: whitelist_from_spf
 tcy@travelocity.com [31721] warn: lint: 97 issues detected, please
 rerun with debug enabled for more information

// Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc  ---   it-management Michael Monnerie
// http://zmi.at           Tel: 0660/4156531          Linux 2.6.11
// PGP Key:   "lynx -source http://zmi.at/zmi2.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: EB93 ED8A 1DCD BB6C F952  F7F4 3911 B933 7054 5879
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x70545879

Re: rulesdujour, lint, and whitelist_spf

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:26:25AM +0100, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> As I use SPF on MTA level, I wanted to disable SPF. So I have to disable
> the SPF list from RDJ also, thank you.

FWIW, rules that require plugins should be wrapped in "ifplugin/endif"
containers.  Especially if those rules are being distributed out to
other people -- you never know who has what plugins enabled.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Go, banana!"

 	--Ralph Wiggum
 	  Das Bus (Episode 5F11)

Re: rulesdujour, lint, and whitelist_spf

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Freitag, 24. März 2006 09:01 Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>> Is the SPF plugin enabled?  The syntax looks fine, but it can't be
>> parsed if the plugin isn't loaded.
>
> ARghl. I should not work late night... Thanks.
>
> As I use SPF on MTA level, I wanted to disable SPF. So I have to disable
> the SPF list from RDJ also, thank you.
>
> But I guess I'll let SPF on even in SA, as it can set points on soft SPF
> errors which could help.

As long as both your MTA's resolver and SpamAssassin's resolver are
using the same DNS cache, you'll get SPF results in SpamAssassin for
close to free.

Daryl

Re: rulesdujour, lint, and whitelist_spf

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.