Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/30 15:49:44 UTC

Arrow sync: 12p Eastern today

Hangout link: https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx

Re: Arrow sync: 12p Eastern today

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
My notes from today's meeting

Jacques - Arrow RPC/Flight discussion
Simba - Interested in RPC
Uwe - Packaging
Wes - Packaging, Timeline for 0.10 release
Phillip Cloud - Packaging
Josh - No key topics
Ethan - Timeline for 0.10 release

Packaging:
- Wes thought - let’s merge the PR today and then do follow-up work
- Follow-up work is missing some things: uploads missing, downloads
"without clicking”,  script for signing.
- Let’s do as follow-on PRs
- Josh to open more tickets of what is missing
- Wes hope that we could do a release by end of June

0.10 Release
- Need to do jira gardening - Wes to do some of this, would be great if
others help
- Uwe tagged 0.10 for every severe bug: Uwe will go over list when we know
we can do a release

Arrow Flight
- Jacques shared a few slides & proto definition (will send out)
- Some questions about GRPC versus other things. One question was slicing
with Flatbuf/GRPC.
- Jacques to put up a formal PR with readme, etc to get further discussion
going