Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Taro App <ap...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/11 03:54:57 UTC

FileBrowserSheet Issues

Hi,

I'm building an application with Pivot 2.0, and have issues with
FileBrowserSheet.

One problem is that files with long file names are not recognizable in
FileBrowserSheet. File names such as
LongFileNameSalesRevenueDataFor201012.csv and
LongFileNameSalesRevenueDataFor201101.csv are both displayed as
LongFileNameSalesRevenu, then users cannot select the data file for
Jan, 2011, for example. Workaround is to change the width of
FileBrowserSheet window, but it would be better if the width of "File"
column is adjustable.

Another problem is that disabled file filter and open multiple do not
work together. When I set disabled file filter and
setMode(Mode.OPEN_MULTIPLE), users can only select one file. I have
not found any workaround for this issue.

Any Help?

apptaro

Re: FileBrowserSheet Issues

Posted by Taro App <ic...@gmail.com>.
Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

I decided to use JFileChooser instead of FileBrowserSheet for now
because the current functionality of FileBrowserSheet is limited by
bug/design. In addition to the two issues I already mentioned, I need
to customize file sort order so files are sorted such as "ABC1.txt,
ABC2.txt, ABC10.txt, ABC20.txt" instead of "ABC1.txt, ABC10.txt,
ABC2.txt, ABC20.txt." I found it is fairly easy to extend JFileChooser
for this customization, but it is difficult with FileBrowserSheet. A
wonderful point, however, is that JFileChooser works beautifully with
Pivot!

I would also like to add that FileBrowserSheet.setRootDirectory should
probably be named setCurrentDirectory, or should be documented as
such. It was misleading to me. No offence ;)

Masaki

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Taro App <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,