Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com> on 2005/09/14 23:24:01 UTC

Username and password in the call objects

Hello:
    1. On the Call object, there are coupld of methods for the username
and password.
             Could someone explain a little bit what username and
password this refers to

    2. Regarding the security of webservices, what are the things to be
consider.

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Webservice security

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

You can look at:
wss4j/src/org/apache/ws/axis/security/package.html

And 'wss4j/interop' directory in the wss4j project contains '.wsdd'
files with various configurations for different scenarios.

BTW following are two articles on wss4j.

http://weblogs.asp.net/jdanforth/archive/2005/01/16/354060.aspx
http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/28816/0/page/1

You also use the wss4j developer mailing list for questions related to wss4j
http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/mail-lists.html

Thanks,
Ruchith

--