Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/28 20:53:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

I am pleased to announce the availability of  Apache Nutch 1.0.

Apache Nutch, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is open source web-search
software. It builds on Lucene Java, adding web-specifics, such as a
crawler, a link-graph database, parsers for HTML and other document formats.

Apache Nutch 1.0 contains a number of bug fixes and improvements such as
Solr Integration, new indexing framework and new scoring framework just
to mention a few. Details can be found in the changes file:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/tags/release-1.0/CHANGES.txt

Apache Nutch is available for download from the following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/nutch/nutch-1.0.tar.gz

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/nutch/KEYS

For more information on Apache Nutch, visit the project home page:
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch

-- Sami Siren (on behalf of the Apache Nutch community)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
That is already in the works.  See:

Dennis

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
Dennis, Thanks a lot.
-Ryan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.0

Posted by Tony Wang <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sami,

Re: lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add indexes

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 01:16 -0400, alxsss@aim.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add a document to indexes generated by nutch-1.0. However, in search the manually added documents do not show up.
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Not sure (not using nutch anymore), but in Solr you would need to
commit. Maybe in Nutch there is something like that as well.

HTH

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: nutch-1.0 with solr

Posted by al...@aim.com.

 the add request is like this

 curl http://localhost:8983/solr/update -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -->
data-binary '<add>
 <doc boost="2.5">
 <field name="segment">20090512170318</field>
 <field name="digest">86937aaee8e748ac3007ed8b66477624</field>
 <field name="boost">0.21189615</field>
 <field name="url">test.com</field>
 <field name="title">test test</field>
 <field name="tstamp"> 20090513003210909</field>
 </doc> </add>'

Posted by Raymond Balmès <ra...@gmail.com>.

2009/5/12 <al...@aim.com>

>  Hello,
>
> I just heard that nutch-1.0 has solr integration. Is there any tutorials on
> how to add data to nutch-1.0 indexes using solr manually?
>
> Thanks.
> Alex.

nutch-1.0 with solr

Posted by al...@aim.com.

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
alxsss@aim.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks all for your suggestions. My situation is the following. I had
> Nutch -1.0 to crawl. fetch and index a lot of files. Then I needed to
> index a few files also. But I know keywords for those files and their
> locations. I thought it would be easier to add keywords to the index
> that I have instead of having nutch-1.0 to do crawling, fetching and
> indexing.? So, what is the step by step procedure of adding data to
> the index that I have manually?

There is no procedure except running a Fetcher and fetching these
additional urls, and then creating an additional small index for this
new segment. You can then merge this small index with the main index (or
use it as it is - NutchBean handles multiple indexes).

This situation is related to the fact that Nutch was designed and
optimized for large crawls and massive updates - as a consequence small
updates are cumbersome and inefficient.

If you need to do frequent small updates, please consider using Solr.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add indexes

Posted by al...@aim.com.
 Hello,

Thanks all for your suggestions. My situation is the following. I had Nutch -1.0 to crawl. fetch and index a lot of files. Then I needed to index a few files also. But I know keywords for those files and their locations. I thought it would be easier to add keywords to the index that I have instead of having nutch-1.0 to do crawling, fetching and indexing.? So, what is the step by step procedure of adding data to the index that I have manually?

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Posted by Lyndon Maydwell <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've noticed that you need to optimize the index for nutch to pick up changes.

Have you tried this?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM,  <al...@aim.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for you response. In
> luke there is also option to commit. I opened new index again, and
> there is the document I created. But the search does not return
> anything for the added keywords. Will try Solr if it works.

Re: lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add indexes

Posted by al...@aim.com.
 Thanks for you response. In
luke there is also option to commit. I opened new index again, and
there is the document I created. But the search does not return
anything for the added keywords. Will try Solr if it works.

lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add indexes

Posted by al...@aim.com.
Hello,

I used lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add a document to indexes generated by nutch-1.0. However, in search the manually added documents do not show up.
Thanks for any suggestions.
A.