Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2002/12/02 03:07:42 UTC

relocating conf/server.xml

I would like to have the following structure.  This way tomcat
installations can be replaced and the environment variable will make the
installation use the config from standalone directory.  Deleting the
tomcat install wont delete the configs :)

/usr/local/tomcat4.1.12

/usr/data/tomcat/conf   <= the conf used by startup
/usr/data/tomcat/webapps

I tried seting CATALINA_BASE=/usr/data/tomcat  and this seems to work on
one system fine.. on another there are the following errors in the log
files.
======================
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.12
Dec 1, 2002 7:52:06 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
         at
         at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:25)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:228)
         at
org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:260)
         at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1036)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:57
9)

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =

Re: relocating conf/server.xml

Posted by Tomislav Miladinovic <tm...@rogers.com>.
Hi Hanaski,

I am behind of this point you are talking about, I just installed Tomcat
4.1.12 when I start Tomcat comes out error:

The page cannot be displayed
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Do you have some experience with this, can you help.

Thanks,
Tomislav

)
>          at