Posted to user@ant.apache.org by exquisitus <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2006/06/07 23:11:21 UTC

Implementing ant task which extends ExecTask

Hello

I am trying to implement an ant task, which founds in a directory some
files, parses them and pass this converted Strings  to the ExexTask as
arguments.

So for me it's not clear now, if the executable command and the
arguments should be set in the class ExecTask or in the (inner) field of
type CommandLine.

A small example would be enough for me.

thanks

Markus

RE: Implementing ant task which extends ExecTask

Posted by Markusin <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Scot

Ok, sorry for the small description.

My intention is to execute shp2pgsql as an ant target.
So first I tried to do this using the existing ant target exec, but because
of small functionality in stringparsing (need to pass as arguments the name
of the file (shapefile), the name of the target-table (which is the name of
the file without path and suffix) and the schemaname).

So I start to write my own ant task, which has as input:
1) input path
2) schema name

The input path will be scanned recursivly, finding all files with the suffix
*.shp, than starts the stringparsing, which creates the name of the table
and after that for each found shape will there should be calles

So this I am actually trying (by using the ExecTask class), but without
success.

Re: Implementing ant task which extends ExecTask

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
What do you mean by "parses them?"

Sorry, I am not following what functionality you desire...

exquisitus wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to implement an ant task, which founds in a directory some
> files, parses them and pass this converted Strings  to the ExexTask as
> arguments.
>
> So for me it's not clear now, if the executable command and the
> arguments should be set in the class ExecTask or in the (inner) field
> of type CommandLine.
>
> A small example would be enough for me.
>
> thanks
>
> Markus