Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Larry Kelley <lk...@outlan.com> on 2000/03/24 23:15:23 UTC

Installation/Configuration troubles

Hi everyone,
I'm new to JServ and Cocoon but I looked through the archive and
couldn't find what I need.
I'm getting this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor: make sure the needed
classes can be found in the classpath
(javax/naming/directory/DirContext)

...in the browser window when trying to view /Cocoon.xml.
http://localhost/jserv/ reports that JServ is working fine. As I'm new
to these packages, I'm at a loss as to where to start. Since JServ
reports normal, I'm assuming this is a Cocoon install issue. jserv.log
shows "org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon: started" BUT mod_jserv.log shows:
(EMERGENCY) ajp12: can not connect to host 127.0.0.1:8007
(EMERGENCY) ajp12: connection fail
(ERROR) an error returned handling request via protocol "ajpv12"
...which seems wierd considering that JServ reports normal via web
browser.

RH6.1, Apache 1.3, ApacheJServ-1.1, Cocoon 1.7

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Re: Installation/Configuration troubles

Posted by Larry Kelley <lk...@outlan.com>.
Hey, thanks Remo (and Dimitry)! That looks better.

Posted by remo strotkamp <re...@ccrl.nj.nec.com>.
Hi there,