Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dan Quaroni <dq...@OPENRATINGS.com> on 2005/08/30 21:06:21 UTC

Empty index after building?

I didn't notice any exceptions and unfortunately I built these 2 long enough ago that I have no logs left.

Anyway, I built 2 indexes using a process that I've built hundreds of indexes successfully with, and these two indexes seem to contain no documents despite being pretty large (about a gig).

Has anyone observed anything like this happening with lucene?  I'll do my best to reproduce the problem, but am not hopeful.  The only thing I could imagine is running out of disk space or something but I don't think that's possible.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.