Posted to user@flink.apache.org by WuKong <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2022/05/12 03:30:20 UTC

AWS EMR Yarn api shutdown flink task container does`t work

hi all :
    now I use AWS EMR on EC2 , and I running flink application on EMR。 sometimes I want resize task number to save on budget。 when I request resize task number ,the node can`t dimss because some flink task runing on it. so I using some yarn api to kill this contaier which runing task , but i does`t work ,anyone know flink support receive the yarn shutdown container signal ?

my command list:

# find application id
yarn application -list
# find application attempt id
yarn applicationattempt -list  #{application id}
# find contaier
yarn container -list #{applicationattempt  id}
# singnal shutdown does`t work
yarn -signal #{container id} GRACEFUL_SHUTDOWN

---
Best,
WuKong