Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2003/06/22 20:06:15 UTC

[apreq-2] upload api

Having decided not to write a FILE-type API into
the src/ core, I think we'll have to implement the
Apache::Upload objects in XS (instead of wrapping
a core upload struct/API).

I'm pretty sure the memory management problem for
large uploads is now solved in current cvs.  After a
configurable size limit (cfg->max_brigade_len), the
mfd parser appends a tempfile bucket to the end of
the active param->bb and writes all future incoming
buckets directly to the tempfile.  However, libapreq
users shouldn't rely on the existence of a file bucket
at the end of param->bb, since some file uploads might
be smaller than cfg->max_brigade_len.

Also, the simplest way for users/glue-authors to keep
memory under control is to make a working copy of param->bb
whenever they need to loop over the brigade.  That way,
whatever buckets are generated from the file bucket
will not stick around in param->bb.

Barring objections to the above, I hope to have most
of the Apache::Upload XS in cvs fairly soon.

Comments welcome, as always.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [apreq-2] upload api

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it> writes:

> By the way: Excuse me for my ignorance, but where can I find the
> latest version/snapshot of apreq-2 ?

libapreq-2 isn't released, and I don't think any snapshots
of httpd-apreq-2 are currently available.  I would like to
have a developer release available before OSCON (in mid
July).

> Any CVS?

Yes.  The name of the repository is httpd-apreq-2.  Please
see the bottom of

  http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/

for instructions on public cvs access.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [apreq-2] upload api

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it>.
By the way: Excuse me for my ignorance, but where can I find the latest
version/snapshot of apreq-2 ?
Any CVS?

Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it
CTO, Founder
Fax.:   +972-9-766-1314          P.O.B. 7004
Mobile: +972-50-23-7338          Kfar-Saba 44641, Israel