Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Raffaele Gambelli <R....@hitachi-systems-cbt.com> on 2018/02/27 08:32:35 UTC

PersistenceManager bundleCacheSize and SearchIndex cacheSize

Hy all,

I'm trying to do some fine-tuning in a big application which uses Jackrabbit 2.14.1.

For bundleCacheSize, I've enabled org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle log and I've done many tries untill I found the best hit/miss ratio.

Now, what I'm not understanding is:
1) How to measure the cacheSize of SearchIndex
2) Why the default value is only 1000 ? I'm currently trying with 1 milion
3) If there is a link between the bundleCache size and the SearchIndex cache size

My configuration is the following:

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.OraclePersistenceManager">
        <param name="bundleCacheSize" value="512"/>
        <param name="consistencyCheck" value="false"/>
        <param name="minBlobSize" value="16384"/>
</PersistenceManager>
<SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
        <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
        <!-- The number of results the query handler should initially fetch when a query is executed. Default value: Integer.MAX_VALUE (-> all) -->
        <param name="resultFetchSize" value="100" />
        <param name="maxExtractLength" value="2147483647"/>
        <!-- Size of the document number cache. This cache maps uuids to lucene document numbers -->
        <param name="cacheSize" value="1000000" />
        <!-- With the default value of true the hierarchy cache is initialized on startup and control is only given back when the initialization has completed. When set to false the cache is populated during regular use. -->
        <param name="initializeHierarchyCache" value="false" />
</SearchIndex>

At last, I had some difficulties finding answers in the documentation, please could you point me to the best articles explaining these concepts?
Thanks all, best regards

Raffaele Gambelli
WebRainbow® Software Analyst & Developer

AW: PersistenceManager bundleCacheSize and SearchIndex cacheSize

Posted by KÖLL Claus <c....@tirol.gv.at>.
Hi Raffaele

>1) How to measure the cacheSize of SearchIndex
You can enable the logging in the DocNumberCache (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene. DocNumberCache)

>2) Why the default value is only 1000 ? I'm currently trying with 1 milion
I don't know why it is  only 1000 but I think it's no problem if you increase it if you have enough RAM

>3) If there is a link between the bundleCache size and the SearchIndex cache size
The bundleCache is used to cache the nodes read from the BundlePM and the cache in the SearchIndex is used to
handle the uuid<->Termdocs relation

Hope that helps

greets
claus