Posted to users@camel.apache.org by vinod <vi...@tecnotree.com> on 2014/04/22 08:10:26 UTC

HA of Camel

Hi All,
Please help me on the below scenarios:

What are the possible ways to scale up camel as active-active mode with
Active-MQ clustered(Maser Slave).
 ( I have 2 camel boxes  with failover active mq(master-slave
configuration).

I tried with 2 active-active camel boxes and single acive-mq, works
fine(once messages pushed in to the queue, any one of the camel can take it
and process and the called camel  will respond to the client at the end of
processing). but this is not happening while I am using failover to connect
activeMQ. If you have any proposal please share

Re: HA of Camel

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
You can also do some clustering at Camel level
http://www.ofbizian.com/2014/01/masterslave-failover-for-camel-routes.html

Regards,

On 23 April 2014 07:58, kraythe . <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't so much of a camel question but an ActiveMQ and platform
> question. Camel doesn't implement things like clustering and failover. That
> is outside the scope of the camel framework. Something like asking a Coffee
> table what it does to facilitate keeping water out of the basement.
>
> Typically you would resolve those questions outside and then deploy camel
> on the solutions. As for the solutions, there are many. Application servers
> clustered with camel running as WAR files. Clustered activemq with camel
> routes in the lib path. Fabric8 and Fuse or just vanilla Karaf and service
> mix.
>
> Choose your platform and tech stack. Then deploy camel on it.
>
> *Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
> *Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
> *LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:10 AM, vinod <vi...@tecnotree.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > Please help me on the below scenarios:
> >
> > What are the possible ways to scale up camel as active-active mode with
> > Active-MQ clustered(Maser Slave).
> >  ( I have 2 camel boxes  with failover active mq(master-slave
> > configuration).
> >

> > I tried with 2 active-active camel boxes and single acive-mq, works
> > fine(once messages pushed in to the queue, any one of the camel can take
> it
> > and process and the called camel  will respond to the client at the end
> of
> > processing). but this is not happening while I am using failover to
> connect
> > activeMQ. If you have any proposal please share
> >

> > --

Bilgin Ibryam

Apache Camel & Apache OFBiz committer
Blog: ofbizian.com
Twitter: @bibryam <https://twitter.com/bibryam>

Author of Instant Apache Camel Message Routing
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475

Re: HA of Camel

Posted by "kraythe ." <kr...@gmail.com>.