Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2021/05/19 11:04:33 UTC

Fix build and tests on ARM64 CPU architecture

Hello Ambari devs,

Recently I've worked on fixing the build and tests of Apache Ambari on Linux ARM64:
- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3309 - disables the JavaScript tests on non-x86_64, because PhantomJS is available only for Linux/x86_64
- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3310 - Replaces PhantomJS with headless Chromium

Both PRs are against 'trunk' branch because it is the main branch.
I've just noticed that the recently merged PRs are against 'branch-2.7', which is 747 commits ahead, 808 commits behind trunk! https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/branch-2.7
Should I rebase my work against branch-2.7 ?

Any feedback is very welcome!

Regards,
Martin

Re: Fix build and tests on ARM64 CPU architecture

Posted by Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hello Ambari devs,

I've created new Pull Requests against branch-2.7:

- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3311 - A small PR that introduces a system property (ambari.web.skip) that could be used to disable the UI build and tests. This way Ambari could be build on non-x86_64 machines.
Its build at Jenkins failed due to "missing JIRA id" - https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Ambari%2FAmbari-PreCommit-GitHub-PR/detail/PR-3311/1/pipeline. I think it was because of the ill-formatted PR title

- https://github.com/apache/ambari/pull/3312 - This PR replaces the non-maintained PhantomJS with headless Chromium for UI testing. Due to the old versions of the other JS dependencies it is not quite possible to use Puppeteer to auto-install Chromium. And this is the reason for the failing build - https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Ambari%2FAmbari-PreCommit-GitHub-PR/detail/PR-3312/6/pipeline. Someone has to install Chromium on the Jenkins node

Posted by Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Szabolcs Beki <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,