Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2014/08/06 02:37:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate (rc1) for Hadoop 2.5.0.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0-RC1/
The RC tag in svn is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.5.0-rc1/
The maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1008/

You can find my public key at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
days.

Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I used RC1 to run Apache Slider unit tests - all of which passed.

Cheers

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for trying out and voting.

Let me cancel this vote and cut a new RC.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> slider validation
>
> purge all 2.5.0 artifacts in the local mvn repo (fish shell):
>
> rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/**/*2.5.0*
>
> clean slider build -verified download of artifacts from staging repo
>
> run all the tests, especially the one that we'd turned off for 2.4.0:
> TestKilledHBaseAM (SLIDER-34, YARN-2065)
>
> all happy.
>

> Object store tests
>
> 1. check out branch-2.5 @commit # 0c0c513
> 2. put in hadoop-common/src/test/resources/contract-test-options.xml with
> binding to s3/s3n buckets
> 3. run the s3n Contract tests:
>  mvn test -Dtest=TestS3NContract\*
>  ...all passed
>
> 4. in hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack  -ran all the tests with auth-keys.xml
> set to bind all non-contract tests to a public cloud &
> contract-test-options.xml for the contract tests. All passed
>

> On 6 August 2014 01:37, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (rc1) for Hadoop 2.5.0.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0-RC1/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.5.0-rc1/
> > The maven artifacts are staged at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1008/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
> >
> > Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
> > days.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> slider validation
>
> purge all 2.5.0 artifacts in the local mvn repo (fish shell):
>
> rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/**/*2.5.0*
>
> clean slider build -verified download of artifacts from staging repo
>
> run all the tests, especially the one that we'd turned off for 2.4.0:
> TestKilledHBaseAM (SLIDER-34, YARN-2065)
>
> all happy.
>

> Object store tests
>
> 1. check out branch-2.5 @commit # 0c0c513
> 2. put in hadoop-common/src/test/resources/contract-test-options.xml with
> binding to s3/s3n buckets
> 3. run the s3n Contract tests:
>  mvn test -Dtest=TestS3NContract\*
>  ...all passed
>
> 4. in hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack  -ran all the tests with auth-keys.xml
> set to bind all non-contract tests to a public cloud &
> contract-test-options.xml for the contract tests. All passed
>

> On 6 August 2014 01:37, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (rc1) for Hadoop 2.5.0.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0-RC1/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.5.0-rc1/
> > The maven artifacts are staged at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1008/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
> >
> > Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
> > days.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> slider validation
>
> purge all 2.5.0 artifacts in the local mvn repo (fish shell):
>
> rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/**/*2.5.0*
>
> clean slider build -verified download of artifacts from staging repo
>
> run all the tests, especially the one that we'd turned off for 2.4.0:
> TestKilledHBaseAM (SLIDER-34, YARN-2065)
>
> all happy.
>

> Object store tests
>
> 1. check out branch-2.5 @commit # 0c0c513
> 2. put in hadoop-common/src/test/resources/contract-test-options.xml with
> binding to s3/s3n buckets
> 3. run the s3n Contract tests:
>  mvn test -Dtest=TestS3NContract\*
>  ...all passed
>
> 4. in hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack  -ran all the tests with auth-keys.xml
> set to bind all non-contract tests to a public cloud &
> contract-test-options.xml for the contract tests. All passed
>

> On 6 August 2014 01:37, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (rc1) for Hadoop 2.5.0.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0-RC1/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.5.0-rc1/
> > The maven artifacts are staged at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1008/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
> >
> > Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
> > days.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> slider validation
>
> purge all 2.5.0 artifacts in the local mvn repo (fish shell):
>
> rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/**/*2.5.0*
>
> clean slider build -verified download of artifacts from staging repo
>
> run all the tests, especially the one that we'd turned off for 2.4.0:
> TestKilledHBaseAM (SLIDER-34, YARN-2065)
>
> all happy.
>

> Object store tests
>
> 1. check out branch-2.5 @commit # 0c0c513
> 2. put in hadoop-common/src/test/resources/contract-test-options.xml with
> binding to s3/s3n buckets
> 3. run the s3n Contract tests:
>  mvn test -Dtest=TestS3NContract\*
>  ...all passed
>
> 4. in hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack  -ran all the tests with auth-keys.xml
> set to bind all non-contract tests to a public cloud &
> contract-test-options.xml for the contract tests. All passed
>

> On 6 August 2014 01:37, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a release candidate (rc1) for Hadoop 2.5.0.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0-RC1/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.5.0-rc1/
> > The maven artifacts are staged at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1008/
> >
> > You can find my public key at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
> >
> > Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
> > days.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 binding

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 binding

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 binding

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 RC1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 binding

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE