Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/14 14:26:05 UTC

Possible bug with Card Pane

Hi,

I setup a card pane to show a tableview on one pane and a boxpane on top of
it dynamically depends on the search result.  I found if the box pane is
larger than the tableview size and once switch back to table view.  The last
row of the table view will be extended as shown in the attachment.

I think it is a bug.  What do you think?

http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n4022113/Screen_Shot_2012-09-14_at_8.14.57_PM.png

Re: Possible bug with Card Pane

Posted by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Sandro!

You are right!  Scroll Pane is the problem but the header seems to be fine.
Where should the ColumnHeader be placed?
I placed it inside the scroll pane but outside the tableview and the scroll
is inside the card pane.

Re: Possible bug with Card Pane

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan,
just committed a (bxml only) minimal test for this, derived form yours
... but to me all seems good.

The file is both under 2.0.x maintenance branch, and under trunk:

/tests/src/org/apache/pivot/tests/card_pane_with_tableview_test.bxml

Note that at the end (as in your example) there is this:

            <columnHeader>
                <TableViewHeader tableView="$cardElement2" />
            </columnHeader>

that could be the cause of your problems ...

> The empty space get extended to contain both tableview.
> I think this is also bug as different pane in card pane should completely isolated.
> One tableview size should have no affect on the other tableview.
I'm not sure for this ... CardPane need to know the dimensions of all
its contents, for layout purposes.
But there is the boolean skin style sizeToSelection, try to change it.

Try even with the CardPane outside, and ScrollPane inside with related
TableView.

Can you try it and give me some feedback ?

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Possible bug with Card Pane

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan,
thanks a lot for the sample, we'll take a look and post some update on
this ... (and open a related issue if needed).

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Possible bug with Card Pane

Posted by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com>.
I found a bit difficult to create a identical minimal sample.  But I create a
sample which also show a problem with multiple tableview in a card pane
which a side effect created.  The empty space get extended to contain both
tableview.  I think this is also bug as different pane in card pane should
completely isolated.  One tableview size should have no affect on the other
tableview.  Hopefully, by the time you fix this issue, my issue can also be
fixed.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Brendan

tt.zip <http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n4022126/tt.zip>

Re: Possible bug with Card Pane

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
please could you send to us a minimal bxml file so we can test this faster ?

Thanks,
Sandro