Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phill Tornroth <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/17 01:39:16 UTC

Sorting Index Results by User's Score

I'm puzzled on whether or not Solr is the right system for solving this
problem I've got. I'm using some Solr indexes for autocompletion, and I
have a desire to rank the results by their value to the requesting user.
Essentially, I'll tally the number of times the user has chosen particular
results, and I have a need to include that value in the process of sorting
and limiting results.

This doesn't seem like a request that would be un-typical, but I'm
wondering how Solr experts suggest it be done? It seems impractical to hold
my scores elsewhere and ask Solr for unlimited results and then do the
ordering/limiting on my side.. but I don't see an obvious way to do this
within Solr itself, though the JOIN functionality and the Function Query
stuff look like they might be a part of the right solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phill

Re: Sorting Index Results by User's Score

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Phill,

You can find a lot of blog posts describes how to sort results by an
external field. FWIW, LucidWorks Enterprise has something like relevance
feedback framework.

Regards

--
Sincerely yours