Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org> on 2018/12/29 15:52:00 UTC

[netbeans] offline installation

For what it's worth, I often have to install netbeans on computers that are
not connected to the internet. In v8.2 and prior, I could download the EE
version and have everything I need to get up and running (except for maven
dependencies and any additional netbeans plugins). Maven dependencies can
be synced using a local nexus server and some swivel chair action and i was
able to find a way to clone the entire netbeans plugin repo for local
installations.

With the newer installs, we're pretty much forced o be online during the
first "activation" of a specific feature. Why can't we just bundle it all
together and have it ready to go in the zip? Alternatively, if there a
single place there all of the online activation stuff downloads the
necessary dependencies from then it's possible that i can just clone that
website/repo. Is this how it works? If so, where is the repo?

Re: [netbeans] offline installation

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
You might try CoolBeans ( https://coolbeans.xyz/ ) which bundles
almost everything. Sadly I missed a tiny library so you still need to
download this nbm for HTML5 projects
http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/files/nbms/1540969315_org-netbeans-libs-oracle-jsparser.nbm

I might do another dot release and include that module.

--emi

http://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
And consider using http://coolbeans.xyz if this is a problem for whatever
reason.

Gj

Posted by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org>.
Understood and good discussion. I figured the licensing would be an issue.
When launching netbeans v9+ and downloading all the additional stuff, are
all of the additional downloads stored somewhere in the netbeans folder
(whereever the zip was unzipped to) or are they stored elsewhere, such as
the user profile directory? I'm thinking i can just activate everything,
then zip up the directory and transfer it to where it is needed

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Actually, as I understand 'ti' GPL will never weaken the license to be
circulated with permissive licenses, e.g.

   - Apache
   - MIT
   - BSD
   - ...etc.

I don't think this is a big thing.  GCC isn't donated to Apache (GPL that
it is, etc.) and there's lots of other things including plugins with other
licenses.

only 2-cents,

   aplatypus

--