Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 08:11:30 UTC

Re: Spark Tree

Okay. I'm looking into this now.

I've tried Spark-Tree as well as this one.

Both seem to have dependency on mx.

Spark-Tree has a dependency on mx.controls.treeClasses.ITreeDataDescriptor2

alatarus/tree has even more dependencies:
mx.collections.HierarchicalCollectionView;
mx.collections.HierarchicalData;
mx.collections.IHierarchicalData;

An additional issue with Spark-Tree is a conflict between some style names and private vars. That was easily fixed by renaming the vars.

I think duplicating the ITreeDataDescriptor2 interface should be easy enough.

Anyone know who Kachurovskiy is for a donation? Alternately, Alexey, would you be interested in donating your implementation?

Re: Spark Tree

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi,

maybe a bit late to this thread, but I looked partially to the proposed
tree components and I want to share my 2ctns.

* In terms of performance and resources, it seems at first sight like List
based component seems to be a better direction than DataGrid, isn't it?.
* Mobile should be take into consideration since nowadays tablets and
smartphones are of common use. Do you know if this components can be use in
mobile? or maybe need some adaptation (desktop/mobile skin?).

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Spark Tree