Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2012/07/19 18:19:45 UTC

[REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - July 2012

TLP Description:

Apache ActiveMQ is a popular and powerful open source messaging server.
Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and
Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise Integration Patterns and many
advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4.

Community:
 * The development and user lists continue to stay active.
 * No changes in the committer or PMC membership rosters

Development:
 * It was a busy quarter in which we finally released ActiveMQ 5.6.0 along
with server native client releases and a couple of Apollo releases.
 * ActiveMQ 5.7 and Apollo 1.4 is under development

Trademark / Branding Status:

 * The activemq.org and activemq.com TLD's are owned by other entities
 * Need to investiate if we should be using (R) instead of (TM) for the
ActiveMQ mark
 * Sub-projects need to be reviewed to make sure they are also compliant
 * Documentation and readme files will also be reviewed for compliance

Releases:

* Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ 1.5.6
* Apache.NMS 1.5.1
* Apache ActiveMQ-CPP v3.4.4