Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 09:42:23 UTC

Clarification --> transacted("PROPAGATION_REQUIRED")

Hi,

To be sure that I'm right in my understanding on how camel 2.x +
spring works, if I use in my java dsl the following syntax :

1)

from()
.transacted("PROPAGATION_REQUIRED")

Do Camel will lookup in the bean registry to find a bean id with name
= ""PROPAGATION_REQUIRED"" ?
Does it work like that too on osgi platform ?

2)

With Spring DSL, we can assign the TransactionErrorHandler ref to the
route like that : <route errorHandlerRef="txErrorHandlerReqNew">
Do we have to do that with Java DSL ? If yes how ?

KR,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel/ServiceMix Committer

- Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
- Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
- Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Re: Clarification --> transacted("PROPAGATION_REQUIRED")

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To be sure that I'm right in my understanding on how camel 2.x +
> spring works, if I use in my java dsl the following syntax :
>
> 1)
>
> from()
> .transacted("PROPAGATION_REQUIRED")
>
> Do Camel will lookup in the bean registry to find a bean id with name
> = ""PROPAGATION_REQUIRED"" ?
> Does it work like that too on osgi platform ?

Yes and yes. If no bean with that id it will fallback to use required
as the name indicated that. eg it can recognize those special
uppercase names.

> 2)
>
> With Spring DSL, we can assign the TransactionErrorHandler ref to the
> route like that : <route errorHandlerRef="txErrorHandlerReqNew">
> Do we have to do that with Java DSL ? If yes how ?

For transacted routes Camel will fallback to a TX error handler. So
you really only need to define it if you need some special options or
if you just want to.

Read chapter 9 in the book, before asking questions.
Or check the source code as well :)

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer