Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 10:51:39 UTC

how to cache a remote hadoop file

Hello friends i m using webhdfs to fetch a remote hadoop file in my browser
is there any caching mechanism that you guys know to load this file faster

http://termin1:50070/webhdfs/v1/Name1Home/new_file_d561yht35-9a1a-4a7b-9n.jpg?op=OPEN
"

Re: how to cache a remote hadoop file

Posted by Ados1984 <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello All.

What is the exact use case that you are trying to solve with having in memory solution for Hadoop.

My application is finance real time risk management and we are doing lots of calculation and analysis on trade data that we get, I want to improve its performance and was looking for some in memory solution for Hadoop to do all calculation.

Not sure if spark would solve my challenge but wanted get some from group members here.

Thanks,
Andy

Posted by Ados1984 <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello All.