Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sagiruddin Mondal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/12 06:52:09 UTC

Easier way to start contribution

Hi All,

I am a programmer. I am searching for some simpler way to start
contributing in Apache foundation. I am experienced with some architectural
work and API designs. I am comfortable with any programming language (ready
to learn a new one too). Please suggest some simpler and consistent way to
start my involvement.

Best Regards,
Sagir
​​

Re: Easier way to start contribution

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Sagir,

Welcome to the Apache community!

The best way to start contributing is to find a project that interests
you. There are a lot of projects in the foundation, so there are
plenty of options and places where you could help. My recommendation
is that you get familiar with a project, even better if it is one you
already use, look at some of its issues in the issue tracker, present
yourself in the project's mailing list, and ask the community what is
the best way for a newcomer to help.

Here you'll find some tips:
http://community.apache.org/gettingStarted/101.html

Regards,

I.

Posted by Siddhartha Mukherjee <sm...@gmail.com>.
Same thing. I too want to start contributing in apache. Please guide me
where to start.

I'm working as Software Engineer II in SAP Bangalore, India having 5 years
of experience.

Regards,
Siddhartha