Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Robert GoenŽé <ro...@goene.nl> on 2006/03/29 18:32:32 UTC

Re: 1.4-dev: search error in combination with templating the default publication

Hi,

Sounds like something i have to work on. I haven't been working with
Lenya for a couple of months, so i will have to check the status of 1.4
and the Lucene search implementation.

I have time to make some improvements as well. I will keep you posted!

Robertt

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Robert GoenŽé wrote:

> Michael Wechner schreef:
>
>> Robert GoenŽé wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sounds like something i have to work on. I haven't been working with
>>> Lenya for a couple of months, so i will have to check the status of
>>> 1.4 and the Lucene search implementation.
>>>
>>> I have time to make some improvements as well. I will keep you posted!
>>

>> I think the most important part would be that it also works with
>> template publications, resp. if the index  doesn't exist, then either
>> is being ignored with a warning within the log files, or an index
>> is being created automatically within a specific default dir.
>>
>> I actually thought to fix this myself a couple of days ago, but
>> became distracted ;-)
>>

> Are there any other issues that need work? I haven't checked the list
> for quite a while now...

I think we should rename "Internal" to "Lucene" and "External" to
whatever has been chosen, for instance MSN Search or Google ....

Michi

> Regards, Robert

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: 1.4-dev: search error in combination with templating the default publication

Posted by Robert GoenŽé <ro...@goene.nl>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Robert GoenŽé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like something i have to work on. I haven't been working with
> Lenya for a couple of months, so i will have to check the status of
> 1.4 and the Lucene search implementation.
>
> I have time to make some improvements as well. I will keep you posted!

I think the most important part would be that it also works with
template publications, resp. if the index  doesn't exist, then either
is being ignored with a warning within the log files, or an index
is being created automatically within a specific default dir.

I actually thought to fix this myself a couple of days ago, but
became distracted ;-)

Thanks

Michi

> Robertt
>
> Michael Wechner schreef:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I think this was mentioned before, but if one is templating the default
>> publication and tries to publish or edit a page, then one receives an
>> error because of the search functionality.
>>
>> Is anybody working on this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michi

Michael Wechner