Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Andrew Sedlak <as...@glux.com.au> on 2020/09/19 15:25:31 UTC

note when installing on Ubuntu server 20.04

Just a general note to everyone who is not aware.

When installing Guacamole 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 with Tomcat 9 and MYSQL 8.0.21, a very specific java connector needs to be used:
mysql-connector-java-5.1.48-bin.jar

This can be found on the mysql site

I tried it with other versions to no avail and will just throw errors.

⁣Have a great day,
Andrew​

Re: note when installing on Ubuntu server 20.04

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 2:38 PM Andrew Sedlak <as...@glux.com.au> wrote:

> Will do so in the next few days.
> Had to revert to Ubuntu 18.04 due to some  unrelated issues with another
> web app, but will go back to testing ubuntu 20.04 soon.
>
> All I can say for now is that with connector 5.1.36, all I got was a
> connection error when trying to load the home screen.

FWIW, version 1.2.0 introduced a new parameter for the MySQL JDBC extension
that allows it to use the MariaDB driver instead of just MySQL.  I don't
know if what you're running into is related to that or not, but might be
worth investigating to make sure it isn't the difference between MySQL and
MariaDB JDBC drivers.

> I'll have detailed logs for you soon.

That would be great.

-Nick

Re: note when installing on Ubuntu server 20.04

Posted by Andrew Sedlak <as...@glux.com.au>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.