Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/22 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2018-10-22

2018-10-21 09:14:14 UTC - Greg Methvin: @Greg Methvin has joined the channel
----
2018-10-21 12:53:47 UTC - Samuel Sun: @Ali Ahmed you mean I need to install all the package by the root pom.xml firstly ?
----
2018-10-21 14:15:12 UTC - Guo Peng: @Guo Peng has joined the channel
----
2018-10-21 14:50:37 UTC - tuteng: @tuteng has joined the channel
----
2018-10-21 18:43:50 UTC - David Kjerrumgaard: @Ryan Samo Have you tried tweaking your TCP/IP stack at all?
----
2018-10-21 19:13:11 UTC - Ryan Samo: @David Kjerrumgaard No not yet. I was hitting the gig limit on the last test or within a few hundred Mbits/s. This is just PoC testing but if we decide to move forward I think we will use 10 Gbps NICs and adjust accordingly. I did notice that with 3 brokers and 16 partitions we were using nearly 70% of the CPUs so I might throw a few more Brokers in the mix for good measure to spread out the partitions further.
----
2018-10-21 20:14:02 UTC - David Kjerrumgaard: @Ryan Samo Glad to hear you are able to fully utilize the network bandwidth. Will be interested to see how your cluster performs as you expand the bandwidth
+1 : Ryan Samo
----
2018-10-21 20:32:28 UTC - Ali Ahmed: @Samuel Sun yes looks like you may be missing some jars on the classpath
----