Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jz...@symcor.com on 2004/02/10 20:52:39 UTC

how to sepcify certificate alias

I have two applications that access a web service. We use HTTPS for
authenticatoin and encryption.
We can get these applications access the service with one certificate
stored in one keystore file,
but we want them to use two different certificats. The two certificates can
be saved in one keystore file.
Both applications run inside the same application server instance (JVM).

The problem is that we can use system property to specify where the
keystore file is, but I can not find
in JSSE document how a certificate alias is specified to tell which
applicaiton is using which certificate.

Any idea?

Thanks

Jian

Re: how to sepcify certificate alias

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Try this

  System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore",Property.SSL_KEYSTORE);
  System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",Property.SSL_TRUSTSTORE);
  System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword",Property.SSL_KEYSTORE_PWD);
  System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",Property.SSL_TRUSTSTORE_PWD);

Specify the details of certificate and password, I mean keystore, truststore and its passwords in the Property File or directly

Cheers
Dhanush

  I have two applications that access a web service. We use HTTPS for
  authenticatoin and encryption.
  We can get these applications access the service with one certificate
  stored in one keystore file,
  but we want them to use two different certificats. The two certificates can
  be saved in one keystore file.
  Both applications run inside the same application server instance (JVM).

  The problem is that we can use system property to specify where the
  keystore file is, but I can not find
  in JSSE document how a certificate alias is specified to tell which
  applicaiton is using which certificate.

  Any idea?

  Thanks

  Jian