Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Reto Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2014/03/03 21:11:28 UTC

A required class was missing while executing org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with the scr-plugin.

I update a project (projectA) to use the org.osgi.service.component
annotations.

Now dependent projects fail with the messages like the following:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.15.0:scr
(generate-scr-scrdescriptor) on project silklinking-service: Execution
generate-scr-scrdescriptor of goal
org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.15.0:scr failed: A required class was
missing while executing org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.15.0:scr:
org/osgi/service/component/annotations/Component

if and only if:

- they depend on projectA and the dependency is explicit in the pom
(transitive dependency isn't enough)
- they use a version of the scr plugin more recent than 1.7.4

Surprisingly the error occurs even if I add
org.apache.felix.scr.ds-annotations:1.2.4 as a dependency to the dependent
project.

Any idea what is causing this? Any work-around  other than downgrading to
version 1.7.4 in the dependent projects?

Cheers,
Reto

Re: A required class was missing while executing org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

could you please open an issue for this and maybe attach a simple test
scenario?

Thanks
Carsten

--