Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/02 18:57:52 UTC

Google Side-By-Side UI

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2009/08/compare-enterprise-search-relevance.html

This is really cool, and a version for Solr would help in doing
relevance experiments. We don't need the "select A or B" feature, just
seeing search result sets side-by-side would be great.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Google Side-By-Side UI

Posted by Yao Ge <ya...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I think would be very helpful tool for tunning search relevancy - you
can do a controlled experiment with your target audiences to understand
their responses to the parameter changes. We plan to use this feature to
benchmark Lucene/SOLR against our in-house commercial search engine - it
will be an interesting test.