Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Goetz Botterweck <bo...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2001/11/14 16:29:53 UTC

C2 RC2: cocoon.war file not unpacked

(Redhat 7.1, IBM JDK 1.3, Tomcat 4 already installed)

Downloaded Cocoon2 RC2

Started build & install with
    ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
-Dinstall.war=$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps install
    (I had to chmod 755 build.sh, file flags in distribution not
correct?)

After some time the cocoon.war was built and automatically copied to
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/

PROBLEM
When restarting tomcat, the .war file is not used (not unpacked and
activated).

Any hints?
GB

Goetz Botterweck, Institute for IS Research, Computer Science
Department, University of Koblenz
mailto:botterwe@uni-koblenz.de <ma...@uni-koblenz.de>
mobile:+49-171-4856696
office:+49-261-2872531
fax:+49-261-2871002531

Re: C2 RC2: cocoon.war file not unpacked

Posted by "Robert J. Lebowitz" <le...@finaltouch.com>.
MessageI observed the same behaviour that you described in your message.  I wound up unjarring it manually in order to make it work.

You might try specifying in your Tomcat server.xml the parameter that says unpacking is the default... Maybe that will fix the problem.