Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sarmahdi <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2012/04/02 11:41:34 UTC

eclipse plugin for maven using jdk 1.3

Hello guys,

I installed a maven plugin in eclipse when i ran my pavne project and tried
to build it there it used jdk 1.3 to build and compile. here is the verbose
out put sections related to this:

/
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) @ CorpWeb
---
[DEBUG] Created new class realm
plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2
[DEBUG] Populating class realm
plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2
[DEBUG]   Included:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.2
[DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:1.5.3
[DEBUG]   Included: junit:junit:jar:3.8.1
[DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-manager:jar:1.5.3
[DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.5.3
[DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0
[DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0
[DEBUG]   Excluded:
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   Excluded: classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1-alpha-2
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile' with basic
configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) basedir = C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb
[DEBUG]   (f) buildDirectory = C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\target
[
[DEBUG]   (f) compileSourceRoots = [C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\src]
[DEBUG]   (f) compilerId = javac
[DEBUG]   (f) debug = true
[DEBUG]   (f) failOnError = true
[DEBUG]   (f) fork = false
[DEBUG]   (f) optimize = false
[DEBUG]   (f) outputDirectory =
C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\target\classes
[DEBUG]   (f) outputFileName = CorpWeb
[DEBUG]   (f) projectArtifact = CorpWeb:CorpWeb:war:1.0
[DEBUG]   (f) showDeprecation = false
[DEBUG]   (f) showWarnings = false
[DEBUG]   (f) staleMillis = 0
[DEBUG]   (f) verbose = false
[DEBUG] -- end configuration –/

here it doesnt indicate to me which JDK it is using but then it fails on
compile:

/ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile
(default-compile) on project CorpWeb: Compilation failure: Compilation
failure:
C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\src\com\ejada\ecorp\domain\administration\GroupsUserAssignmentSummaryBO.java:[84,2]
annotations are not supported in *-source 1.3*
(use -source 5 or higher to enable annotations)
      @Override

C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\src\com\ejada\ecorp\domain\beneficiaries\BeneficiaryIdBO.java:[56,2]
annotations are not supported in *-source 1.3*
(use -source 5 or higher to enable annotations)
      @Override

C:\RSA75Workspace\workspace\Corpweb\src\com\ejada\ecorp\domain\beneficiaries\BeneficiaryIdBO.java:[57,18]
generics are not supported in *-source 1.3*
(use -source 5 or higher to enable generics)
      public LinkedList<Tuple> generateSpecificDetails()/

I checked if the JRE in the Run AS configuration was 1.3 but it was not. Why
is the maven plugin using 1.3 is beyond my understanding.

Also: i couldnt find the settings.xml of the plugin or maven installation i
had to add a new one manually. neither could i find mvn,bat any where on my
harddisk . even though when i try to Run it through maven i can see that it
issued a command
mvn -B -Dmaven.test.skip=true -s "C:\Documents and
Settings\5510041\.m2\settings.xml" clean install

so everything seems to be embedded in the plugin.

any help in understanding this would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Syed...

Re: eclipse plugin for maven using jdk 1.3

Posted by sarmahdi <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply  Thorsten Heit,

the problem is that on my machine i commented out the compiler plugin part
but it was still using 1.6 and i thought copying the pom.xml from my
workspace to other workspace would work. but it did not, so i uncommented my
compiler plugin entry and it worked fine. I was only surprised how. The
Effective POM does not have any source entry either to wind it up to 1.3\

but yes i added the same thing you said and it worked fine,

Thanks appreciate it

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@vkb.de>.
Hi,

> I checked if the JRE in the Run AS configuration was 1.3 but it was not.
Why
> is the maven plugin using 1.3 is beyond my understanding.

http://maven.apache.org/general.html#Compiling-J2SE-5

HTH

Thorsten