Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jan-Martin Roth <jm...@mtg.de> on 2003/12/22 11:41:22 UTC

Re: Oracle and Dates... better workingdogs!

Hi all,

we've had the same problem.

The cause seems to be the 9i JDBC-dirver that has a problem with the
time-component of DATE-values. (Oracle 8i JDBC driver does fine.)

The problem is, that oracle returns DataType 91 (DATE) instead of 93
(Timestamp). Therfore in the workindogs-classes the time of the day is
ignored afterwards.

We have put a work-around in the com.workingdogs classes in torque-utils.jar

I will mail a library workingdogs.jar to your mail-adress.
Try that (and remove the corresponding classes from torque-utils.jar!).

Merry XMas to all!

Jan-Martin Roth

Dipl.Math. Jan-Martin Roth
JMRoth@mtg.de

media transfer AG
Dolivostr. 11
D-64293 Darmstadt
Tel.  +49 6151 8193 20
Fax   +49 6151 8193 41
Web: http://www.mtg.de

Posted by Pierre Henry <he...@hta-bi.bfh.ch>.
Hi everybody.

Thank you so much Jan-Martin !

I replaced the village-2.0-dev-20030825.jar library with your modfied
library and now It is working fine, the inserts as well as selects and
comparisons in Criteria.

Happy 2004 to all !

Pierre Henry